8/17/07

The Dancer In Me...


In honor of dance, I will share a short excerpt from my novel:

BAREFOOT DANCER

For the first time in a while, Kim actually felt like dancing. Her eyes wandered over the mountain's surface where she and Michael stood--a flat plateau stretched out beyond them as large as a dance floor. It would make an excellent stage, a perfect place to perform. She removed her sneakers, saying, “Before you tell me about your mountains, let me show you about my dance...”

When the dance was done, she stood breathless before him. Her body quivering, her mind floated as she took in the sight of him, all of him. “What is it you want to tell me, Michael? I feel it--something I need to know. Something you need to say. Please tell me...”

Barefoot Dancer, Copyright © 2007

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I know, I've read this before, but everytime I read anything about your characters, Kim and Michael I get goosebumps. This is such an emotionally charged truly romantic story. Are you planning a sequel or a part two? I hope so.

Kaye Manro said...

Thanks, Cate. That's such a nice compliment. As a matter of fact, I am planning a book two. But it won't be exactly about Kim and Michael's adventures, though they will be characters in the story. This book will be about the adventures of their almost grown twins, Sean and Michelle. I'll share more of this idea later on.

Anonymous said...

I have to say that I just love this excerpt from Barefoot Dancer. It's so visual and your characters are ooooh (shuddering) so emotional. I love the idea of Michael being a healer, yet he is so earthy and sexual too. And the way he loses control over his powers when he meets Kim—that’s terrific. Such a sensual love story this is. I know none of that is in the excerpt you posted here, and now I'm rambling. I just wanted to say how much I like your writing style and stories. M