2/14/17

A VALENTINE PAST





A NICK AND KRISTA VALENTINE'S DAY EXCERPT
from AGAIN HOPE 
by
Kaye Manro


Back Bay, Boston 1966

“…I’ll send all my lovin’ to you… all my lovin’ I will send to you..”

Krista McBaine woke to the sound of Nick’s strong tenor voice singing along with a Beetle’s song on the radio.

She smiled. “I love you, Nick Zelmenis.” She called to him and pushed the covers off her naked body. Setting up she stretched her long arms overhead. The bedroom in their Brownstone flat was far too cold and the chill in the room made her shiver.

“What’d ya say, baby?” he called back to her from the kitchen where he was preparing their morning espresso.  

 “You know what I said.” He could read her thoughts and every word if he wanted to do it. They had a distinct telepathic connection and she loved every minute of it.

Feeling a cool rush of air from the not very insulated window beside her, she crawled on hands and knees toward the bottom of the bed to fetch her warm winter robe. It was a freezing Valentine's Day. No more than 15 degrees outside and it felt like 45 inside.

Just about then, Nick entered the bedroom carrying two steaming espressos. “Whoa,” he said. In a swift move he sat the cups on the side table and rolled across the bed. Grabbing her by the ankles he pulled her to him.

“Nick,” she giggled, “what are you doing? I’m cold and I want my robe.”

“And I want you,” he said as he brought her closer to his body, wrapping his arms around her from behind. “I’ll get ya warmed up, baby.” He rocked her downward until she lay flat against the mattress with him on top of her.

“Come on Nick,” her words muffled into the blanket. “I can’t be late for ballet rehearsal today. You know how Rudolf Nureyev is about time. He’s working my solo choreography today. I just can’t be late.”

“We’ve got time,” he said, pushing her long amber hair aside and kissing the back of her neck. "Valentine's Day is the day for lovin'."

She could never resist anything about him. She wriggled around and pushed him backward until she had turned over, still underneath him. 

Laying on top of her he scooted onto his elbows and stared at her face, smiling. Got a surprise for you tonight. Something special. He traced the thought across her mind.

Oh yeah? She sent back. Give me a hint, just a little one. She urged. 

"Ah, no. Not this time," he said aloud. "You just gotta wait for it Baby." 

His cute grin got her every time.  Entangling her fingers in his long wavy hair, she pulled him close and kissed him. “ I want you.” She said as her mouth touched his waiting lips.

God I love you Krista. He sent another thought to her.

"Happy Valentine's Day, my Nick." She pushed her body hard against his and then took him deep inside her...



****


So what does Nick have in store for Krista's Valentine gift? 

Kaye

© copyright Kaye Manro 2017



No comments: