3/21/10

New Things for Spring

Today is a good day to kick back and think about so many things since Spring is finally here!

One of the more interesting happenings this year is my contract with Red Rose. I hadn't really planned to submit my work to epubs just yet. But because of my friend, Lea, who influenced me (light word for the truth) I did submit my Science Fiction romance to Red Rose and immediately got a contract. That process took all of two weeks. I have to admit I was a little nervous and unprepared. I'm use to publishers taking months, at least many weeks to respond.  I never planned to release more than one story at a time. I need to leave a little space. I know many of my friends do submit to multiple epublishers. And have multiple books releasing around the same time. But for me, it would make it difficult to give more than one release my full attention at any given time. 

Never the less, as I think about the plan I had, I was getting ready to put my submission in play (I'm such a planner) which would have had me submitting an entirely different book -- a novel-- to a different epublisher. Well, that's not what happened as you know. Here I am, standing on the cusp of epublication. And to tell the truth, I couldn't be happier.

Welcome Spring! I am so looking forward to May 20th, my super Sci- Fi Romance release day for Forbidden Love at Red Rose Publishing. FTL is growing closer every day!

Kaye

Field of Flowers painting 
by Sandra King
Maelstrom in space from space.com

Note: Kat Holmes will be guest blogging on Thursday March 25th. Be sure to stop by.

12 comments:

Debs said...

What an exciting time for you and it being spring gives an added boost after such a long winter.

Catherine Bybee said...

I'm so excited for you. You have to start somewhere, Kaye... why not have some of your work out there with e-pubs?

Amber Skyze said...

Happy Spring!

Cari Quinn said...

Happy spring, Kaye! I'm really looking forward to your first release! :)

Shelley Munro said...

Ooh, you have a release date. Great stuff!

Kat said...

I can hardly wait until you get your cover.:-)

J.A. Saare said...

You're going to do great! I can't wait to get hold of your story. ;-)

I thought spring was here but it's snowing again. Blah!

Jaime

Christina said...

Not long now, Kaye! I'm so looking forward to reading Forbidden Love!

Helen Hardt said...

I'll chime in and say also that I'm looking forward to your first release ;). I'll be back to visit Kat on Thursday!

Marianne Arkins said...

Congratulations on your contract!

Kaye Manro said...

Wow! Thanks so much to everyone for stopping by! It's so good to have so many friends.

Nicole McCaffrey said...

Congratulations on the release, Kaye!

Entering the world of e-pub can be intimidating, can't it? I was nervous, too, but so glad I did it.

Happy spring! I'm so glad it finally arrived, LOL.