1/6/10

Better Late Than Not At All!

Happy New Year to all my friends!

This is a good week for setting goals for the New Year, don't you think? In fact, the entire month of January is the time to work on goals we want to accomplish this year, or to tie up things we intended to finish last year. Instead of resolutions which I usually never keep I decided I would set new goals. Yes, I know it is almost the same thing, but I think it has to do with the idea around it. If I don't keep resolutions but have better luck with goals, well there you go.

January is a fine time for fresh starts after the chaotic end of the year December always brings me. Even though we are dealing with the lowest cold and record snows in my area, January still feels like fresh starts and new beginnings. 

Of course as a writer, one of my main goals is to work harder and smarter on all aspects of my writing career. There are bunches of details that I could include here but I'll just leave it at that. As we go along during the year, I'll share things that work for me and things that don't. 

There are other goals unrelated to writing too, like keeping my healthy exercise and eating habits in check. A continuous goal that sometimes doesn't get the attention I need to give it. (I want to eat less chocolate and chips and more veggies, and for sure do more aerobics!)

Another goal I have is to share the good things in my life with those I love. Oh yes, and I don't want to forget to work on creating more happiness and less stress in my life too.

How about you? Do you have your goals/resolutions in place? What  is different about them this year than in past years?

Kaye 

12 comments:

Kat said...

Well my first goal is to take a week off. I just finished my current WIP and once I have it ready to send off, I'm taking a brief break. Since September I've written 5 stories and my fingers are tired. But my other goals are just to keep writing hopefully better stories and to take time out on occasion to read. Reading has taken a backseat while I've been writing. It's ironic don't you think? As writers, people would think we read constantly but in fact as the writing gets further along the less we read. I want to get back to it because a lot of really great books are coming out this year that I want to read.:-)

Emma Lai said...

My goals all center around my writing. Though my knees have been telling me I need to get some pilates in. :) Like you, I want to work a little smarter this year so I've set goals for when I'll have certain stories done. This year is about finishing stories I've started and moving onto the next rung of the ladder.

J.A. Saare said...

My goals are to write more, spend more time with my children, and try and relax a bit.

Last year was full of tension. This year, I want things to be calm and happy.

Helen Hardt said...

Write more, of course, and this year I'm going to try to concentrate on longer works with NY as the goal.

Shelley Munro said...

Happy New Year, Kaye. My goals are much like yours. Keep writing, keep healthy etc.

Catherine Bybee said...

Health... health and more health. A bit of writing tossed in to break up the health factor. LOL

Christina Phillips said...

I prefer goals to resolutions too, I'm not sure why one word works for me and the other doesn't!

Sarah Simas said...

I just want to get healthy, to take off the weight I gained last year. 2009 was a crazy, awful year. I have very high hopes that this year won't be a major suck-fest!lol

Next, I want to finish my WIP and get it submitted to the Golden Heart and some publishers. Lastly, I'd like to get my website going.

I tried to keep it light this year. Stress= weight for me! lol

Cari Quinn said...

Happy New Year, Kaye! I do have goals, but at the moment, getting from day to day is the most important. ;) It's definitely going to be a big year for you with your first release!

Linda Banche said...

Welcome back, Kaye. I don't make resolutions, per se. I find that I'm spending too much time on promo, and it hasn't paid off. I'm going to spend more time writing and less on promo.

Suzanne Jones said...

Arriving late, but have a brilliant 2010 - may you hit all those goals.

X

Debs said...

My goals are pretty much what they always are: getting published, keeping healthy, worrying less about work and generally being happy.

Good luck with all your goals and hope you have a very happy and successful 2010.