“What is Magic anyway? I’ve never done this sort of thing before. Is it for real?”
I thought that sounded like an intriguing opening line for a story. Provocative and kind of makes me want to know more.
I've been doing research into magical elements since I have a bit of magic in a story I'm writing. The above would be a great opening line for the chapter leading into the magic and spells part of my story.
It's interesting but not surprising that much of the magical stuff I'm finding has to do with love spells. So just for fun, I've included a spell to make someone love you. Seriously! Following is what it says to do:
A most powerful spell when initiated on a New Moon Friday.
1. Blend honey, Jasmine flower water, orange flower water and rose flower water in a shallow bowl
2. Place a pink votive candle in the center of the bowl
3. With a rose thorn, scratch his name and yours enclosed within a heart on five sugar cubes
4. Arrange the sugar cubes around the candle in the bowl
6. Visualize the fulfillment of your heart's desire as you light the candle
7. Repeat this ritual every night for five consecutive nights and your heart's desire will come to you!
Intriguing and interesting isn't it? So if I really have that much power to make things happen, why not make myself rich and famous (a bestselling author, maybe?) with say, someone like Brad Pitt as a lover? (oops, he's taken!)
Well it's fun to research, so I say go and conjure up what ever your heart desires!
(Maybe I should have stuck with talking about opening lines!)