3/23/09

WELCOME CARIDAD PINEIRO










I am so pleased to welcome my special guest, Caridad Pineiro. What can I say about this woman? Aside from being a very cool lady, this NY Times and USA Today bestselling author is as seasoned as they come. She's had over 20 books published in several romance categories. And she penned the popular THE CALLING vampire series for Silhouette
Nocturne and Harlequin. I simply love this cover and the book too, of course. You can imagine how happy I was when she gladly agreed to blog with me.

Today Caridad is sharing what she loves about being a published author. Then she’ll talk about her latest (March 1) release, FURY CALLS. She’ll also tell us about a brand new paranormal series she wrote. But she doesn’t stop there. She is offering some very cool prizes for a lucky commenter!

Take it away, Caridad...

There’s lots of amazing things about having a book published. First and most obvious, getting published. It’s not an easy thing to do. It can be even harder to do it a second time or a third. Actually, the publication of each book is a special treat.

For me, getting published was the culmination of a life-long dream.
I’ve wanted to be a writer since I was in the fifth grade when I wrote my first book as part of a class project.

I love to write. It’s not easy at times since I still have a full time job and family, but I can’t imagine not doing it.
I love creating layered and intense characters. Totally enjoy putting them in interesting and emotionally compelling stories.

But you know what is one of the best things about getting published -- the opportunity to meet lots of other writers.
Over the past decade, I’ve been to many conferences and have shared time with wonderful people like Kaye; developed friendships with women who are passionate about writing and sharing that passion with others. Some of my friends and me even founded a new writing group to do just that – the Liberty States Fiction Writers.

What else do I love about being published? The readers and their thirst for trying out new books and their dedication when they find a writer they like. It’s so exciting and rewarding to get a quick note or message from a reader who has enjoyed one of my books.

Many know you from your famed THE CALLING vampire novels. Can you elaborate on your latest book?

I’ve been hearing a lot from readers about FURY CALLS, the latest book in THE CALLING series! Thanks for all the kind words about Blake and Meghan’s story. Since October 2005 when Blake popped onto the scene in TEMPTATION CALLS, I knew he needed his own story. In truth, Blake has become one of my favorite characters. Blake is a reluctant hero who has made many sacrifices in both his human and vampire lives. In FURY CALLS, Blake and Meghan will need to set aside their issues to try and protect their world from a vicious Asian Vampire. During the story, Blake demonstrates that he’s tender and loyal. Sexy and totally passionate. In fact, in my book Blake is giving Ryder a run for his money.

...Four years ago, overcome by hunger, Blake Richards took too much from a young woman, and turned her to save her life. Now Meghan Thomas is like him, a vampire… and their initial attraction has turned to anger and distrust. She hates what he has made her, but when a vicious killer threatens Manhattan's vampire community, Meghan has no choice but to turn to him—her sire. Blake is reckless and brash. Meghan is young and untried. Alone, they are no match for the killer. But with the fates of humans and vampires alike depending on them, their only hope is to trust in their blood bond.…

Blasphemy, I know. So many of you have written to ask about Diana and Ryder and I promise that I’ve already got another story planned for them. Now all we need to do is have the editors cooperate! LOL!

But do not fear since there are two other THE CALLING vampire novels coming out in 2010, namely ARDOR CALLS and VENGEANCE CALLS.

What else can we expect to see from you in the near future?

Also coming out in November of this year is the first book in an exciting new paranormal romantic suspense series – SINS OF THE FLESH – from Grand Central Forever. SINS OF THE FLESH is the story of Mick Carrera, a mercenary hired to find and bring in a ruthless killer–no matter what. But when his target turns out to be Caterina Shaw, a celebrated cellist suffering from a terminal illness, the lines between innocent and guilty blur. Instead of a violent criminal Mick finds an injured woman who, having undergone what she believed to be experimental gene therapy treatments, possesses some unusual powers…. Mick soon realizes that Caterina was just a pawn in a terrible game–one that will claim more victims unless they can clear her name and capture the true criminal.

I’m really excited about SINS and FURY CALLS and to celebrate these two releases you may be the lucky winner of a SINS OF THE FLESH t-shirt and copy of SOLDIER’S SECRET CHILD if you leave a comment on this blog by midnight EST, Wednesday March 25.

Wow, that’s such a generous offer.
Comment on this blog post by Wednesday and you could win a prize. Now that’s what I’m talking about! Thank you so much for being here today and sharing who you are with us, Caridad.

If you’d like to Purchase a copy of FURY CALLS it’s in bookstores now and it's also available from
eHarlequin.com

The Calling Website
Caridad's Blog
She posts on her blog every week day, and on Wednesdays Caridad has wonderful book excerpts to read.

Kaye

28 comments:

Shelley Munro said...

Wow, it sounds as if you have a busy schedule. I love the sound of your upcoming book Sins.

Do you write every day or do you write in spurts when the muse strikes?

Shelley Munro said...

Oh, and I meant to add about the cover. I love Nocturne covers. They're beautiful.

Christina Phillips said...

Wonderful interview, Kaye and Caridad! This series is exactly the kind of storyline i love, I'll definitely have to get my hands on FURY CALLS!

Cari Quinn said...

Terrific interview, Kaye and Caridad! Fury Calls sounds great. I'm just getting into reading Nocturnes and will definitely have to pick it up!

Best of luck with all your upcoming releases, Caridad! :)

CrystalGB said...

Great interview. Fury Calls sounds wonderful. I love The Calling series. :)

Dianne said...

Great interview, Caridad and Kaye!
I just picked up Fury Calls and am getting ready to read it now. Your new paranormal, Sins sounds like a book I'd love too. And I think the Nocturne covers are the best.

Caridad Pineiro said...

I love the Nocturne covers. Very sensual.

As for when I write, I try to write every day and usually do. I write on the train ride to and from my job in New York City and then for about 3 hours or so on the weekend days. I love to write!

Linda Banche said...

Nice Interview , Kaye and Caridad.

Caridad, you certainly are dedicated! Keep it up.

Elizabeth said...

I love your vampire books, Caridad.

What made you start writing about vampires? And how did you come up with The Calling idea to begin with?

Nice post.

Catherine Bybee said...

Congrats on your newest book, Caridad. I haven't curled up to a vamp nibbling my neck * er... I mean, nibbling the heroine's neck... in quite some time. Looks like I'm in need of a boost.

Helen Hardt said...

How fun to see you here at Kaye's, Caridad. I visited you a few weeks ago at Five Scribes. I loved your take on the synopsis.

I'm a big fan of your Nocturne series, and I wish you the best of luck. And I second Shelley's comment -- Nocturne covers are amazing!

Helen
www.helensheroes.blogspot.com

Lindsay Townsend said...

Powerful and evocative writing, Caridad! What an imagination you have!

The covers are stunning, by the way. Do you have input on the covers?

Thanks, Caridad and Kaye, for this fascinating interview.

Kaye Manro said...

Time for a lunch break -- I'm glad everyone is enjoying Caridad's visit today! It's good to see you all here.

That's a fab question, Shelley.

Christina, I really think you'll love Fury Calls. You and me-- we're Nocturne girls, all right!

And Cari, Nocturnes are great reads. I hope you get as hooked as some of us are!

I'm glad you stopped by, Crystal.

Dianne, you go and enjoy reading.

Thanks for answering Shelley's question, Caridad.

Nice to see you here, Linda.

Elizabeth-- if anyone knows vampires, it's Caridad. Good questions.

Time to get your neck nibbled, Catherine.

Oh Helen, that dreaded synopsis and we all have to do it. I see that Caridad's take was informative.

And oh yes... Nocturne covers are so sexy.

Whew! Great comments! Remember, someone is going to win...

Kaye Manro said...

Hi Lindsay! I agree with you, Caridad sure is a powerful and evocative writer. And that's a good question about book cover input.

Debs said...

Thank you for the fascinating interview.

The books sound wonderful, I'm going to check them out right now.

Jamieson Wolf said...

Hello Caridad!

I completely agree with you, that each book that is published is a special treat. For me, it feels as if each book is one of my chlren and I'm setting it out in the world when it is published.

*grin* Silly but true. Just read Honor Calls and loved it. I can't for more in The Calling and am really looking forward to Sins of the Flesh!

Cheers,
Jamieson

Kaye Manro said...

Hi Debs, glad you stopped by!

Hi Jamieson -- nice to have you here! Yes, we here do love our paranormals! And Caridad is the best.

robynl said...

Sins of the Flesh is what I am looking forward to. The t-shirt would be awesome to wear and have people in our small town looking, looking. LOL.

thanks Kaye and Caridad.

Emma Lai said...

Congrats on the new release, Caridad! It sounds like a wonderful read.

Caridad Pineiro said...

Thank you all for dropping by! As for what got me going on vampires - I was in a dark mood and wanted to write something dark and edgy. I had written an earlier book with a female FBI agent and so many women received that character so positively that I knew I had to write another book with a female FBI agent. As for the covers - we do an Art Sheet where we make suggestions, but that's about all the input we get.

Suzanne said...

What a great interview, Kaye and Caridad.
Congratulations on the new release.

:-)

Suzanne Brandyn said...

Great and interesting interview ladies. Christina drew me into paranormal although I was interested but never really sat down and read one. :)

Congratulations on the new release. Twenty books published is a great achievement.

Suz :)

katcomuzie said...

Caridad,

I very much enjoyed your comments on your work. I am totally hooked on paranormal romance. I love any story that combines my favorite mystery/sci fi/romance. Would you please tell us how you go about researching for a story with a vampire or other paranormal character/plot? Thank you. I will look for your work in my local book stores.

Sarah Simas said...

Awesome interview, Kaye and Caridad! Congratulations on your new release, Caridad. I have to say, I really like the covers!

tetewa said...

Enjoyed the interview, looking forward to reading Fury Calls!

Amy Ruttan said...

I love vamps. Great interview ladies. :)

Anonymous said...

cariad is a wonderful author

blackroze37@yahoo.com

Kaye Manro said...

Thanks to all who visited and left comments! Caridad will be choosing a winner soon, so check back to see if it's you!