2/2/09

Romancing Your Valentine Month


February is getting into romance month and it's especially true for romance authors. We tend to thrive this time of year. We adore this month. Everywhere we look, there are hearts and roses and many lovely things.


Of course we want to express our own undying love for our sweetheart. Isn't it fun that we actually have an entire month for doing that? Just as I did last year, I am sending my sweetheart a different love message each day of the week. Here's a reminder of how you can do that too.

Just get out the red (or any color) markers and some plain card stock (plain white paper will do just as well) and write little love messages on them. You know, the kind you see on those candy hearts? That will do. Or be bold and make up your own sweet or sexy message. Each day, send a different love note through the mail the old-fashioned way. Signed, sealed and delivered by your friendly postmaster. Believe me, much appreciation and love will come your way for this small act.

And be sure to get involved with The Wild Rose Press and Valentine month blog hopping contests! Today hop on over to Anna's blog http://annacampbell.blogspot.com/ and find out whose blog will be featured tomorrow...

I'll be posting more goodies as February continues, so have a wonderful happy Valentine month.
Kaye

11 comments:

Dianne said...

How romantic! Now that's a good idea. But it may be too much work for some of us. However, what do you think of an email version of the love notes?

Johnny said...

Hi Kaye, from a guy's point of view-- I'd love it if my wife would send me love notes. Any suggestions from you romance writers as to how I can get her to be more romantic?

Debs said...

What a lovely idea, I shall definately keep it in mind.

Shelley Munro said...

Kaye, that's a wonderful idea. I've just written an article which will come out in the Feb edition of The Samhellion about budget ways to get the romance going. I think sometimes we take our partners for granted and this is a way of showing we care heaps. :)

Helen Hardt said...

What a great idea! And to use old fashioned mail really brings it home. How about a love letter? Those are definitely a lost art.

Helen

Christina Phillips said...

Oh Kaye, that is really lovely idea! I'm going to give it a go!

Cari Quinn said...

All lovely ideas, Kaye...now I just need a Valentine. ;) Sending a love note through the mail to a man the heroine's interested in would make a great opening premise for a short story...thanks for the idea!

Catherine Bybee said...

Ahh how sweet! I think I may just have to jump on that band wagon.

Suzanne Brandyn said...

Oh bring out the candles, I just love Valentines Day.
Great idea as well, I will certainly be getting out some red cardboard. heheheh

Suzanne :)

Kaye Manro said...

I think it's a great idea too. So good luck to everyone as you come up with your own version.

Cari-- that is a good idea for a romance story opening!

Johnny, good question. Maybe just talk to her? Tell her what you would like. Good luck.

Margaret Tanner said...

Hi Kaye,
What a lovely idea, very romantic. Your man is very lucky.
Regards
Margaret