1/26/09

MOONLIGHT -- An Immortal Hero To Die For
















As Romance Writers, we dearly love our alpha heroes. Vampires are no exception. Especially ones with all those sexy qualities we so much desire in a hero. Here's one you shouldn't miss.

How's this for a romantic premise?

He is an immortal with one foot in the grave and the other in the face of cold-blooded vampires. The ones who prey on innocent humans.

Mick St. John (played by Alex O'Loughlin) is a charming private investigator from Los Angeles with a dark secret. Sixty years ago on the night of his wedding, his bride, the seductive Coraline, bit him, turning him into a vampire who will be eternally locked in the immortal world.

Forever 30 years of age, Mick is as handsome and charismatic as the day he was "turned," and he rejects others of his kind who view humans as nothing more than a source of nourishment. With only a handful of like-minded confidantes for company, including the wealthy and mischievous Josef Kostan, Mick fills his infinite days protecting the living.

In a random twist of fate, Beth Turner, a mortal Mick saved when she was a little girl, grew up to be a beautiful and ambitious Internet Investigative Reporter. Mick falls helplessly in love with her. And although he feels a distinctive bond with Beth, he knows he can't pursue his feelings without exposing the part of him that would make him a monster in her eyes.

In MOONLIGHT we see Mick as a hero who lives between two realities — an avenger dedicated to protecting humanity from the undead, and an immortal man falling dangerously in love. How can we resist?

No folks, I didn't write this one. Though in a way, I wish I had. I love this show, this hero and this premise.

Catch this sexy hero in the series, MOONLIGHT now on the Sci-Fi Channel Friday nights at 9 pm eastern. But first, watch Moonlight Interview With A Vampire: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYXZp3_DkzU.

That's what I call a true hero to die for. Now here's a question. What is it about a vampire hero that is so irresistible and sexy?

Kaye

13 comments:

Debs said...

You have superb taste in heros. I loved Moonlight, and can't wait for the next series to reach us over here. He is so yummy.

Dianne said...

I agree. He is sooo sexy.

Catherine Bybee said...

Okay... gotta check out this show. Humm? What is it about a vampire hero that makes him irresistible? Their wisdom shown through young eyes. They really know what they want when they see it as apposed to a young person falling in love. It makes it deeper somehow. Does that makes sense?

Ohh.. and the whole 'bit my neck' thing. Does it for me every damn time. LOL

Catherine Bybee said...

Okay... so I can't spell. I need blogger spell check. grin

Kaye Manro said...

I have to agree, Catherine. And very well put. Vampires have something special... (I would like to have a blogger spell checker too!)

He is a good hero, isn't he Debs.

We need Christina's POV on this one. She's the expert!

Helen Hardt said...

I think Catherine said it all. Vampires are so sexy!

Helen

Cari Quinn said...

Kaye, my CP, Tara, adores this show, and she's thrilled reruns are back on TV. I'll have to check it out. I do love a good - or is it bad? LOL - vampire. I have no idea what makes them sexy, although maybe part of it is the Alpha male territorial thing. Possessiveness is hot, as long as it doesn't cross the line.

Tonya Renee Callihan said...

I loved Moonlight and was sad to see it go. I can't wait to see it on SciFi are they going to renew it for another season? And yes, the bitting my neck thing definetly gets me everytime too!

Christina Phillips said...

oooh yum, this show sounds wonderful! As for what makes a vampire hot, it's got to be that irresistible combination of Alpha-ness, possessiveness and of course all mixed in with a huge dose of deep internal torture.

And the neck thing of course. LOL!

Kaye Manro said...

Oh yes, the to die for Vamps. Thanks to all for adding comments and answering the question. As for how long Moonlight will be on Sci-fi, I think they are planning to keep it going for a while. I sure hope so.

Linda Banche said...

Time for the devil's advocate. I don't find vampires attractive at all. Tortured heroes don't do anything for me. But Alex O'Loughlin is certainly attractive.

Kaye Manro said...

Sure, Linda-- Vamps aren't for everyone! But yeah, Alex is so sexy vamp or not!

Obe said...

LOVED MOONLIGHT.. miss MOONLIGHT ... damn writers strike.. sigh sigh..