11/21/08

BE HERE SATURDAY!


My "Let's Talk About It' post on Sunday November 9th, dealt with the touchy subject of idea theft and protecting out online writing. It generated such a response that I decided to expand on it.

RHONDA DOVE left a comment so informative that I asked her if she would mind expanding on the subject as a guest blogger. She agreed. So be sure and be here tomorrow (Saturday November 22). Not only is Rhonda a romance author, but she is also a savvy computer tech who has some great information to share. She will be answering any questions you might have on this subject.

Here is her comment from the above blog post to wet your appetite:

Enforcement of copyright protection on any thing delivered via the web is extremely difficult but there are a few things that can be done. Now keep in mind that the below items will not completely deter a tech-savvy determined individual.

If your book is delivered online via PDF the individual who creates the PDF can set security settings to hide or disable the Save As and Print features. Also, PDF documents can be password protected, though this could introduce additional issues for content delivery.

If you have a website, you can call a cascading style sheet on your web pages that will produce a blank page should someone try to print out the page from the website...

BE HERE SATURDAY WITH RHONDA DOVE AND HAVE YOUR QUESTIONS READY!

Kaye

8 comments:

Nan O said...

KAYE,

I can so id with this. I had a woman at a conference tell this published author about the idea she had for a story- and it was the story she had helped me plot in a group setting. OY, several other writers also knew it was my idea. I am looking forward to hearing more about how to pro act so we don't have to re act.

Kaye Manro said...

It's so true, Nan. Things like this do happen. So techy Rhonda is willing to share some info. Kind of tech oriented, I'll admit, but she will tell us how to make it easy.

Dianne said...

I'm so glad you and Rhonda are doing this, Kaye. It is information writers, esp. e-book writers need to be aware of.

Debs said...

How clever, I wish I was half as technically-minded.

Cari Quinn said...

Sounds great, Kaye. I'll be sure to check back.

Cate said...

Grand idea! I hope you and Rhonda get many visitors. It's a timely subject.

Christina Phillips said...

Kaye, I'll be back later to check out Rhonda's post. Thank you so much for asking her to guest on your blog!

Kaye Manro said...

I look forward to seeing everyone here in just a few hours!