8/5/08

Good Promotions


It's a blogger kind of rainy Tuesday here. And I'm working on a few things I left undone over the weekend and into Monday. First, I am happy to report that I'm finishing up on the final idea/revisions for Endangered, and am also well into my Calimere WIP. Yea! I've also been working on a few promo ideas...

Here's a secret to share that you may already know if you've been writing for a while. That is, creating different web sites or pages for each story, in addition to, or connected with your main writers web site. I've been working on a couple of promo web site ideas for each of the above stories. I think doing this will end up being a good marketing tool. I'm having so much fun with it and it sparks the muse!

The good news is you can create a web site (yes, an entire web site) for very little money invested. It's the way to go for writers on a budget, like me. For a bit more money, you can even buy different domains for a year, or just use one of the sub domains they offer until you get everything going well. The draw back is you have only several themes and templates to choose from, and you're stuck with the page layout the way it is. Sometimes it can be a bit slow to load as you work your pages. But it is easy to navigate and you can add pages as you like. If you use your creative imagination you can come up with your own unique site.

Here is one of my work in progress web sites I'll share to give you an idea how good it can look and easy it is to do.

http://knightsoflegendandmagic.8k.com/

I figure it's never to soon to start a little promotion!

There are several companies that offer low prices. But I tend to like this one best. If interested go to http://www.freeservers.com/ and check it out. It may surprise you!

Kaye

7 comments:

Dianne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cate said...

Damn, Kaye. This is a professional looking website. I know of other authors who do this. But what a good idea to create the website as you write the story.

Dianne said...

Good Job! Everyone writing should do this. It is so resonably priced to create a website at freeservers. Another good promotional tool for writers to take advantage of.

Johnny said...

Nice site kaye! Thanks for sharing this information.

Christina Phillips said...

What a great idea, Kaye! I love your Knights of Legend website!

Kaye Manro said...

Thanks to everyone for the kind words about the new Knights of Legend and Magic web site!
I have to admit, it is fun to work on it, and because my hero and heroine are keeping journals there, it has made it easier for me to write their story-- with their help...

Linda Banche said...

I love your website for Castle Keep. How do you manage to make such a great looking website? Are you an HTML expert, or do you have a package?