7/21/08

Everything Old Is New Again



I decided to try out a new font today to See if I like it better. Actually it's the Courier New font I use when I create my manuscripts anyway. So how does it look and is it easier to read? Of course it takes up more space on the blog page. But I felt a change would be good. I am growing tired of the same type of words all the time. Change is good. But instead of changing the template, I thought I'd try the font. I didn't want to shock myself and readers with an entirely new face lift to the blog, that would be too much. And I kind of like the old style script template, though sometimes it's a bit hard to work, since it's lay out is different. But it reminds me of a vintage book, ancient and appealing. Like say, A Journey to the Centre of the Earth by Jules Verne. By the way, read the book. You'll be surprised how different it is from all the movie remakes.


So what do you think? Should I make major changes or keep the original? (maybe just font changes?) I kind of like the feel of the overall blog, since much of my writing is from different time periods or odd dimensions. it fits well. So take a look at the font on previous posts and tell me what you think. Which do you like the best?

I've also started moving the links and author sites from way down at the bottom of the page to the left side. That should be fun!

Kaye

What I'm Writing

7 comments:

Johnny said...

I like the new font. I'd stick with it if I were you.

Amanda said...

Yeah, the new font does look better. I'd keep the old world feel to the blog though.

Cate said...

I like what you've done with the font. It's a keeper.

Dianne said...

Placing the links on the side is more convenient for readers. I like the new font you are using now.

Kaye Manro said...

Hey, thanks for telling me what you think about the new font, everyone. And Amanda, I like what you said, --'old world feel'--

Like my writing-- Old World feel with a contemporary flavor. (maybe I like-- with a modern flavor-- better? Not sure yet...)

Michelle said...

Well if you ask me I say the new font reads better. But keep the script template. It rocks for what you do.

TP said...

I agree. Keep the new font on this blog. And go see the new JTCOE movie!