6/19/08

Taking A Light Speed Jump


T'Kon and Maya

It's true. It's been bugging me for a while. There is work to be done. This had to happen sooner rather than later.

I'm giving ENDANGERED a face lift. To begin with, I'm making sure the plot is really thick and kicking, my pace is just right, my grammar is there. ('ate' instead of 'was eating'-- you know the drill) Having a background in the field of editing helps with this part, believe me.

Then wouldn't you know my sexy space alien, T'Kon wants more scenes added. Did he say, more sex scenes? Yep, that's right. Wonder what heroine, Maya will have to say about that? Knowing how smitten she is over this other world hero, I'm betting she won't resist, and probably can't wait to see what my nimble little fingers drop onto the page for the two of them to savor...

And we need more dialogue? Sure. We can never have too much dialogue going on. Especially if it fits inside the scene just right. Alas, I have my work cut out for me, but I'm up to the challenge.

I'll share some of my notes on the changes I make to ENDANGERED as soon as I get my space legs, er-r, fingers working toward a light speed jump.

So I guess I'll see you around the Galaxy...

Kaye
Read the ENDANGERED blurb at:

7 comments:

dianne said...

Hey, interesting. I like the idea about new scenes. I hope they are fun to write! Good luck with revisions.

Cate said...

I like it. The blurb is good and I can't wait to read the story. Esp. the added stuff. :)

Amanda said...

I think you have some very good ideas here. Good Luck!

Johnny said...

Good going, Kaye. By the time you're finished this will be a great read.

Kaye Manro said...

Thanks everyone. I needed to hear that. I'm now working on it.

Johnny said...

Kaye, I just realized what I said and I didn't mean to imply that this story isn't a good read... I meant that it would be really good when you finish your revisions, lol.

Kaye Manro said...

That's ok Johnny... It should be a good read when I'm finished! lol